Updated 3rd April 2020
We understand the seriousness and the concern facing all of us in the wake of the Coronavirus (COVID-19) pandemic and the nationwide lockdown. We want you to know that we are monitoring and following the guidelines provided by the Ministry of Health and the NZ Government. Allied Medical is classed as an Essential Service and are well prepared to remain open and continue to support you through the weeks ahead. We are still able to fulfill orders from assessors, technicians, businesses and the general public as well as answering queries, providing quotes and assisting you in any way we can.
As a provider of essential non-food consumer products we confirm that our processes comply with the following conditions set out by the Ministry of Business Innovation and Employment:
- All orders are taken online or by phone only. Visitors are not allowed entry to our warehouse or offices under any circumstance to view, purchase or collect products.
- We are only fulfilling and delivering orders for essential non-food consumer products.
- In fulfilling orders we are taking all appropriate public health measures - read below for more details.
- All orders are delivered direct to the users home address in a contactless way (i.e. there is no physical interaction between the deliverer and customer).
To help ensure that we can stay operational and continue providing New Zealanders with the equipment they need, we have put in place the following:
- Ongoing communication with our freight companies to make sure we keep items moving around the country.
- Increased stock in all four of our warehouses – just in case one is impacted and is required to close.
- Regular contact with our suppliers around the world to ensure we remain well-stocked to get through the lockdown period.
- Two rostered teams working in our main office covering dispatches and a third team working remotely to process all orders, handle technical enquiries and offer product support.
- Adherence to all New Zealand guidelines on minimising the risk for all our team members and customers.
Allied Medical is dedicated to:
- Protecting the health and well-being of our customers, team members and their families
- Maintaining a dependable workforce, both on-site and working remotely
- Providing reliable products and services through these challenging times
- Ensuring we maintain the highest standards of hygiene and cleanliness across all our sites and vehicles
- Continually updating our staff with the very latest information on COVID-19 and advice from the Ministry of Health
Our teams working shifts in our offices and warehouses are taking the following precautions:
- Wearing gloves whenever in contact with products or equipment
- Frequently washing hands and using hand sanitiser
- Ensuring all equipment is clean prior to delivery
- Maintaining a two metre distance from other team members at all times
- Cleaning workspaces multiple times per day
- Enforcing self-isolation when not working and adhering to the lockdown rules
- Ensuring anyone who is even slightly unwell stays at home
Our primary goal is to ensure we follow all procedures necessary to keep everyone safe. If you do have questions, please reach out to us.
Click here to view the Ministry of Health’s advise and guidelines regarding COVID-19