Axiom SP Fluid takes advantage of the Axiom Difference and is designed to provide increased immersion and envelopment, using a Hydrolite fluid bladder instead of the Viscoelastic Foam used in the Axiom SP Visco.
- Hydrolite Fluid Bladder
- The Axiom SP Fluid uses a Hydrolite fluid bladder instead of Viscoelastic Foam. The bladder rests directly under the super stretch outer cover, allowing it to conform to the tissues supporting the Ischial Tuberosities.
- Hydrolite is a non-Newtonian fluid that behaves as a solid under the force of gravity, but flows as a viscous fluid under load, which can help minimize shear. It is also incredibly light, eliminating the "weight penalty" of other fluid cushions. It is less temperature sensitive than other fluids, meaning it will provide more consistent performance regardless of climate.
- Increased Envelopment
- Axiom SP Fluid is designed to provide increased envelopment, allowing the trochanters to bear an effective load. This improves stability by widening the base of support and reduces the load the tissue that supports the Ischial Tuberosities must bear.
- High-Quality Foam Materials
- Axiom SP Fluid is constructed with foam that has a high IFD and density. The dual density polyurethane foam base offers firm support in the lower layer with a durable comfort layer on top. High-quality materials lead to a long-lasting, comfortable, and high-performing product.
- Surface Tension Reduction
- The Hydrolite fluid bladder sits on top of the waterproof inner cover; reducing surface tension and maximizing envelopment of the ischia and coccyx. The bladder rests directly under the super stretch outer cover, allowing it to conform to the tissues supporting the Ischial Tuberosities. By using the super 4-way stretch Lycra outer cover material, surface tension is reduced, providing better immersion into the well.
- Pre-Contoured Shape
- Its important for all cushions to have a properly designed pre-contoured shape. Axiom SP Fluid has a properly designed pre-contoured shape. Axiom SP Fluid is designed to provide increased immersion, allowing the trochanters to bear an effective load, widening the base of support, and reducing the load the Ischial Tuberosities must bear.
- Feature Enhanced Covers
- Axiom SP Fluid has an innovative cover that is aesthetically pleasing with functional benefits for both the client and caregiver. The super 4-way stretch Lycra outer cover reduces surface tension while the pleated 4-way stretch inner cover with self-sealing zipper is water resistant and is easy to clean. The water-resistant zipper and loop zipper pull make it simple to don and doff the cover while protecting the foam. There is an easy-to-reach front handle with utility loops for hanging accessories.
||Foam/Hydrolite Fluid Bladder
||4 way stretch Lycra
|Can accommodate a pelvic obliquity
|Can correct a pelvic obliquity
|Able to be adjusted by user
|User Weight Limit
|Total Cushion Weight
|Spare Covers Available
|Incontinent Cover Available